Third Essential for a Powerful Brand: Personalized Content
It’s been said that information is power, and the more you tell, you more you sell. Content is another key brand touch point for your business: Every news bite, commentary, photo or bit of factual material you send out should carry your unique branding signature.
It can’t be said enough: The goal is to take that special “magic” patients/clients experience in your treatment rooms—the personal touch, the YOU factor of your business or practice—and bring it to every brand touch point. Generic copy, stock photos and lackluster social media posts just won’t translate.
Instead, implement a customized content strategy. Today, there are many venues to consider, so pinpoint the ones most likely to resonate with your clients/patients. Here are ten smart ways to stay engaged through content:
• Blogs let you share info and invite conversation in a casual, intimate venue. Be sure to stick to a schedule, every Wednesday, or the first of each month, so clients/patients will know when you’ll pop up in their inbox.
• Online newsletters keep your whole database updated on office news, special deals, new products and procedures, plus your personal commentary.
• Emails and an online patient portal offer one-on-one attention, allowing clients to receive appointment reminders, check their own history (“When was my last micro-needling?”) email questions and more.
• A social media presence on sites such Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and have become must-haves for today’s professionals. You can offer potential clients perks in return for “likes,” host giveaways to boost your brand’s reach and run ads to create brand awareness.
• Memes, whether an image, video, hyperlink or hashtag, can help your message go viral on social media sites.
• Videos demonstrate the old adage that a picture, especially a moving one, is worth a thousand words! Great way to demonstrate products, procedures and your own personality. Utilize YouTube and other social media platforms to showcase your video library.
• A beauty column in your local paper is a win-win-win way to promote your business, enhance your authority and extend your reach to a new clientele.
• Audio podcasts let you “talk’”to patients in brief clips they can download and listen to while running, driving, even working out—the perfect communiqué for busy lifestyles.
• Webinars provide online demonstrations in real-time, plus they can be archived to share with clients anytime.
• In-office events offer an incentive for guests to visit your facility and check out you all you have to offer firsthand.
One important don’t: Don’t bombard clients with all ten messaging venues! There is such a thing as TMI, and your goal is to find your ‘sweet spot’ between not enough engagement and an avalanche of information. Focus on creating a personalized content approach that will keep your message top-of-mind--not over the top!